Obedience Training Classes in South Austin By Dog Trainer Kim Roche
Students love our small class sizes, expert instruction and reward-based training techniques. All classes include unlimited phone and email support and discounts on private training services.
All classes are ongoing; you are welcome to begin any time. While we encourage students to attend class as regularly as possible, there is no penalty for skipping a class.
Thursday classes meet in our comfortable indoor training room located at 2235 South Lamar Blvd in South Austin. Saturday classes meet at various outdoor locations in South Austin.
Please check the schedule for the next available openings.
Not sure which class is right for you and your dog? Call us at (512) 796-5783 or email email@example.com.
Middle School$175 for five class pass, $275 for ten class pass. Suitable for puppies and dogs over four months.
Adolescent dogs need positive outlets for their energy, and training classes are just the thing.
In this ongoing class, you'll learn:
- sit and down-stays
- coming when called
- greeting people politely
- walking nicely on leash - no pulling!
- heeling - on and off-leash
- accepting grooming, handling and veterinary care
- leave it and drop it
- exercises to build focus and attention span
- behavior problem solving.
For the safety and comfort of all of our students, dogs who display excessive barking or aggressive behavior toward humans or other dogs must successfully complete a behavior modification program before enrolling in group classes. Please contact us directly at (512) 796-5783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll in private lessons.
Saturdays at 8am (private location in 78704)
Thursdays at 6:30pm (2235 S. Lamar Blvd)
Wednesdays at 12pm (private location in 78704)
Starting January 6:
Saturdays at 10:45 (private location in 78704)
Finishing School$150 for five class pass, $250 for ten class pass. Prerequisite: Everyday Obedience, Middle School or equivalent.
Finishing School builds on the firm foundation you and your dog have developed in Everyday Obedience. Now it's time to practice and polish the skills you've already learned and explore some new ones.
This class will help you to
- have a dog who can greet visitors to your home and mingle at parties without jumping and begging
- take your best friend along with you while you chill out on the patio of your favorite cafe, restaurant or bar
- prepare for the AKC's Canine Good Citizen test
- practice the skills most therapy dog programs require
- get ready for agility, treiball and other activities that require high levels of motivation, focus and control.
Each class meets for one hour once a week.
Please ask for next start date!