Obedience Training Classes in South Austin By Dog Trainer Kim Roche
Students love our small class sizes, expert instruction and reward-based training techniques. All classes include unlimited phone and email support and discounts on private training services.
Most classes meet in our comfortable indoor training room located at 2235 South Lamar Blvd in South Austin.
All classes are ongoing. You may begin your six-week session at any time.
Not sure which class is right for you and your dog? Call us at (512) 796-5783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyday Obedience Training$120 for six weeks. Suitable for beginners 18 months and older.
All dogs should know these five foundation skills:
- come when called
- walk politely on leash.
Your dog will learn to sit politely at the front door instead of bolting out, lounge beside your feet in a relaxed down stay instead of begging for scraps and stroll at your side through the park. You'll learn how to stop problem behaviors such as destructive behavior, pushiness, stealing food, excessive barking, jumping, hyperactivity and digging.Now enrolling:
Tuesdays at 7:15pm.
Register online or by calling (512) 796-5783.
Middle School$120 for six weeks. Suitable for puppies and dogs 4 to 18 months
Adolescent dogs need positive outlets for their energy, and training classes are just the thing.
In this ongoing class, you'll learn:
- sit and down-stays
- coming when called
- greeting people politely
- walking nicely on leash - no pulling!
- heeling - on and off-leash
- accepting grooming, handling and veterinary care
- leave it and drop it
- exercises to build focus and attention span
- behavior problem solving.
Thursdays at 6pm.
Thursdays at 7:15pm.
Saturdays at 1:30pm. Register online or by calling (512) 796-5783.
Finishing School$120 for six weeks. Prerequisite: Everyday Obedience, Middle School or equivalent.
Finishing School builds on the firm foundation you and your dog have developed in Everyday Obedience. Now it's time to practice and polish the skills you've already learned and explore some new ones.
This class will help you to
- have a dog who can greet visitors to your home and mingle at parties without jumping and begging
- take your best friend along with you while you chill out on the patio of your favorite cafe, restaurant or bar
- prepare for the AKC's Canine Good Citizen test
- practice the skills most therapy dog programs require
- get ready for agility, flyball and other activities that require high levels of motivation, focus and control.
Each class meets for one hour once a week for six weeks.
Tuesdays at 6pm.